Want to improve your immunity, boost your mood, and support weight management? Vitamin D can help. Vitamin D is a fat-soluble nutrient, meaning it is best absorbed when eaten with healthy fats. Diet and sunshine are the best sources of vitamin D, but supplements are also effective for when it’s cloudy or you don’t have time to eat well.
Thrivr Lean contains 35 mcg of vitamin D3, the most bioavailable form on the market. We’ve paired it with MCT oil, a pure source of healthy fats to ensure the best absorption. Taken as a part of a healthy diet and exercise program, the vitamin D found in Thrivr Lean can support a number of benefits including weight loss, bone health, and mood.
Benefits of Vitamin D
Promotes Bone Health: Vitamin D is most famous for supporting the health of your bones. Along with calcium and phosphorus, vitamin D has been shown to be one of the most important factors in strengthening bones while reducing the risk of a fractures or breaks. For those using high-impact workouts like jump training, vitamin D can help fortify and protect your bones while supporting your athletic gains. (1)
Decreases Body Fat: Have you using fat loss supplements to lose weight without success? It’s time to try vitamin D. Studies show that there is a direct correlation between weight gain, obesity, and vitamin D deficiency. One study found that after six weeks of vitamin D supplementation, obese subjects experienced a significant amount of fat loss. One of the ways that vitamin D can help to decrease body fat is by preventing the formation of new fat cells. (2, 3)
Supports Long-Term Weight Management: Most people who lose weight gain it back within a year. While a healthy diet and exercise program are essential in maintaining a healthy weight, vitamin D may also be able to help. Not only can it prevent the formation of new fat cells, but it’s also been shown to improve cardiovascular risk factors such as cholesterol and blood pressure, which are associated with a healthy weight. For men, vitamin D supports testosterone production, a hormone that helps to burn fat. (2)
Supports Healthy Testosterone Levels in Men: Testosterone levels in men are at an all-time low across the globe. The symptoms of low testosterone include depression, fatigue, and weight gain. Studies have found that vitamin D has a unique effect on the hormone health of men: it has been shown to significantly increase testosterone levels. One study found that there was a dramatic jump in total testosterone, bioactive testosterone, and free testosterone levels in men who supplemented with vitamin D for one year. (4)
Reduces Depression: When winter arrives and the sun isn’t making as many appearances as before, something called seasonal depression takes hold of most people. Vitamin D, also known as the sunshine vitamin, plays a key role in supporting hormones that influence your mood. If there’s no sun, you’re not getting as much vitamin D, and your mood suffers. Studies show that vitamin D supplementation can effectively improve mood and alleviate symptoms of depression. (5)
Thrivr Lean has paired two grams of MCT oil with 35 mcg of Vitamin D3, ensuring elite-level bioavailability and the chance to experience all of the benefits that vitamin D can provide. Burn fat, build strong bones, and live happy with Thrivr Lean.
1. Winzenberg T, Lamberg-Allardt C, El-Hajj Fuleihan G, et al Does vitamin D supplementation improve bone density in vitamin D-deficient children? Protocol for an individual patient data meta-analysis BMJ Open 2018;8:e019584. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-019584.
2. Khosravi ZS, Kafeshani M, Tavasoli P, Zadeh AH, Entezari MH. Effect of Vitamin D Supplementation on Weight Loss, Glycemic Indices, and Lipid Profile in Obese and Overweight Women: A Clinical Trial Study. Int J Prev Med. 2018;9:63. Published 2018 Jul 20. doi:10.4103/ijpvm.IJPVM_329_15.
3. Wood RJ. Vitamin D and adipogenesis: new molecular insights. Nutr Rev. 2008 Jan;66(1):40-6. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-4887.2007.00004.x.
4. Pilz S, Frisch S, Koertke H, Kuhn J, Dreier J, Obermayer-Pietsch B, Wehr E, Zittermann A. Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels in men. Horm Metab Res. 2011 Mar;43(3):223-5. doi: 10.1055/s-0030-1269854. Epub 2010 Dec 10.
5. Penckofer S, Kouba J, Byrn M, Estwing Ferrans C. Vitamin D and depression: where is all the sunshine?. Issues Ment Health Nurs. 2010;31(6):385-93.