Reishi mushroom is a type of fungus that has long been considered a key to essential health in Asian medicine. Modern science is finally revealing what ancient medicine has known all along: Reishi mushroom is a powerful yet natural way to improve your health, vitality, and overall wellness. The key to its health benefits lies in three compounds:
- Triterpenoids: An anti-cancer compound found in many plants, but especially prevalent in reishi mushrooms.
- Polysaccharides: A rich source of bioavailable carbohydrate energy that the body uses for essential processes.
- Peptidoglycans: Packed with amino acids, peptidoglycans help to protect our cells.
Thrivr Adapt contains one gram of sustainably-sourced, super-concentrated reishi mushroom extract to ensure you experience all of the benefits that reishi mushroom has to offer. (1)
Benefits of Reishi Mushroom
Cancer Fighter: Most illnesses such as diabetes and some types of cancer are caused or worsened by inflammation. Reishi mushroom has been shown to be both a powerful immune system booster and anti-inflammatory. One study found that 13 weeks of treatment with reishi mushroom was enough to shrink cancerous tumors by up to 50% in mice. (2)
Improves Liver Function: While the kidneys get a lot of the credit for detoxing your body, the liver is just as essential. Your liver has the giant responsibility of filtering your blood, getting rid of metabolic waste, and metabolizing drugs. This is no small feat, but thankfully reishi mushroom has been hailed and scientifically proven to be one of the best natural ingredients for liver health. It’s been shown to be as effective as prescription medication in promoting liver function. (3)
Promotes Heart Health: Cardiovascular disease is one of the most common preventable diseases and yet it is said to be responsible for one out of every three deaths in the United States. While a healthy diet and exercise program are the best method of prevention, reishi mushroom may be able to support your heart health as well. Through its antioxidant properties, reishi mushroom has been suggested to improve cholesterol levels and support cardiovascular health. (4, 5)
Stabilizes Blood Sugar: Irregular blood sugar levels can cause fatigue, promote weight gain, and increase the risk for diabetes. When combined with a healthy diet and exercise program, reishi mushroom has been suggested to stabilize blood sugar levels. One study found that reishi mushroom was able to improve fasting blood sugar levels in mice with type-2 diabetes. (6)
Alleviates Allergies and Asthma: Every day, we breathe in a number of allergens including dirt, dust, and pollen. While most of these won’t do any harm, some of these allergens can cause inflammation. This is why your nose and sinus cavity feel swollen when you have an allergy or your asthma starts acting up. As a powerful anti-inflammatory, reishi mushroom has been shown to alleviate symptoms related to allergies and asthma. (7)
Defends Against Infections and Viruses: During cold season, many rush to buy vitamin C. What they should be purchasing is reishi mushroom. Aside from being proven to boost the immune system, studies also show that reishi mushroom has anti-viral properties. In other words, it can effectively fight off viruses that are responsible for a variety of illnesses including the common cold. (8)
Boost Blood Circulation, Lower Risk of Blood Clots: One of the ways that reishi mushroom acts as an anti-inflammatory is by promoting healthy blood circulation. For those at risk for blood clots such as the elderly or someone with a recent injury, reishi mushroom can help boost blood flow while alleviating any potential inflammation. This is especially useful for athletes as proper blood circulation will reduce muscle soreness and promote recovery.
No matter what your fitnes goal is, reishi mushroom can help to improve your heart, liver, and overall health. Thrivr Adapt gives you one gram of the highest quality reishi mushroom extract in every serving to support your fitness goals and a healthy lifestyle.
1. Klupp NL, Chang D, Hawke F, Kiat H, Cao H, Grant SJ, Bensoussan A. Ganoderma lucidum mushroom for the treatment of cardiovascular risk factors. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015 Feb 17;(2):CD007259. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD007259.pub2.
2. Suarez-Arroyo IJ, Rosario-Acevedo R, Aguilar-Perez A, et al. Anti-tumor effects of Ganoderma lucidum (reishi) in inflammatory breast cancer in in vivo and in vitro models. PLoS One. 2013;8(2):e57431.
3. Wu X, Zeng J, Hu J, Liao Q, Zhou R, Zhang P, Chen Z. Hepatoprotective effects of aqueous extract from Lingzhi or Reishi medicinal mushroom Ganoderma lucidum (higher basidiomycetes) on α-amanitin-induced liver injury in mice. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2013;15(4):383-91.
4. “Heart Disease Statistics & Facts.” www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/conditions/cardiovascular_diseases/cardiovascular_disease_statistics_85,P00243.
5. Chu TT, Benzie IF, Lam CW, Fok BS, Lee KK, Tomlinson B. Study of potential cardioprotective effects of Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi): results of a controlled human intervention trial. Br J Nutr. 2012 Apr;107(7):1017-27. doi: 10.1017/S0007114511003795. Epub 2011 Aug 1.
6. Xiao C, Wu QP, Cai W, Tan JB, Yang XB, Zhang JM. Hypoglycemic effects of Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides in type 2 diabetic mice. Arch Pharm Res. 2012 Oct;35(10):1793-801. doi: 10.1007/s12272-012-1012-z. Epub 2012 Nov 9.
7. Bhardwaj N, Katyal P, Sharma AK. Suppression of inflammatory and allergic responses by pharmacologically potent fungus Ganoderma lucidum. Recent Pat Inflamm Allergy Drug Discov. 2014;8(2):104-17.
8. Wachtel-Galor S, Yuen J, Buswell JA, et al. Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi or Reishi): A Medicinal Mushroom. In: Benzie IFF, Wachtel-Galor S, editors. Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. 2nd edition. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press/Taylor & Francis; 2011. Chapter 9. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92757/